Wednesday 7 April 2010

The First Days Of Work

Nervous - yes.
Laptop - yes.
Overdressed - yes.

Let's begin! We're now on our third day in the office and we are getting into the flow of things. It's slowly falling into place. We have our desks, we have little yellow wires which connect us to the internet to connect via the VPN to connect to IMS to log into our systems. It's painfully slow but I think we're managing so far.

The SMS Team are wonderful, they have been so helpful, welcoming, kind and good humoured. I do not have enough superlatives to do them justice. Sanjay even bought me a donut yesterday!

Some observations/anecdotes:
1) Within 10 minutes of being in the building Jacqui was up and running and firing off emails and getting about her BAU! Jay and I had slightly more difficult time getting access to the network and power supplies and stuff.
2) My office is freezing, even though I have the air con on the lowest setting.
3) Working 1pm til 10pm really really throws you. My body doesn't know when it's supposed to be eating lunch, dinner, when is my morning coffee (it's Weds and I still haven't had it!).
4) Tea here isn't quite like tea in the UK, no matter how hard they try!
5) Leaving the office at 10pm (ok it was 9pm yesterday) is tough.
6) The SMS Team seem a lot more confident here and we continue to be impressed by the calibre of them all.

Ok better wrap this up and get on with some Coding training.

Mr T

1 comment:

  1. Mr T

    I have just been given access to your Blog. Star quality mate. I am looking foward to reading each days update as it arrives. Its better than Corrie. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete