Monday 5 April 2010

The First Day


This will be reflections of our first day in India, hopefully the ladies will share some of their thoughts, the reason for this hope is that my day wasn't quite as interesting as theres. To explain...
Sunday - morning, slept.
Sunday - afternoon, lunch.
Sunday - early evening, blog/tv.
Sunday - evening, bar followed by KFC.

Maybe I should expand or expound or extrapolate or at least explain in a bit more depth.
So the sleeping was good, the bed is gorgeously comfy and big, and big with beds is good. Lunch was also good, simple, long, tasty and satisifying. There were some beautiful moments that if I don't get written down I fear I'll forget by the end of the three weeks in Bangalore. For starters they invited us to go on a tour of the kitchen, I wore a silly hat so my hair (?!) didn't go everywhere (there's a photo somewhere!). They showed us how they cook the naan bread in a special oven that gets so hot it's well stupidly hot. It takes 10 secs for the dough to cook! I got to "cook" it, or rather attempt to remove it before it got seriously singed. Tasted good. While this was going on Jay was meeting an old family friend who she hadn't seen since he was a small kid, he's now at uni. Family eh, can't beat them and you can't ever escape them, but it's all good.
While Jacqui and I decided we wanted the "Lunch in a Jiffy" Jay decided she wanted salad, so the chef said well if you want salad we can get you the ingrediants and make your own! Brilliant! So there's Jay, silly hat thing trying to explode off her head in the kitchen chopping the cucumbers and tomatoes (pictures also to follow I hope!).
I had an absolutely gorgeous chicken skewer, some kebab and a daal which was so tasty. The restaurant manager told us with great pride that the chef was the best daal cook in Bangalore, whether this is actually true or not I have no idea BUT it sure did taste good!
I then chilled in the afternoon before hitting the pub with the ladies. Had a couple of pints of fosters, Jay was happy as we got the tv switched over to ESPN to watch the Liverpool Birmingham game. He happiness kinda dried up as birmingham equalised and held out for a draw. Oops. Jacqui headed off to bed while Jay and I felt a tad peckish so went in search of fast food. KFC, let it never be said I don't know how to show someone a good time! Ok maybe not, but anyway, a zinger burger, 2 bits of chicken and a chocolate cupcake later and the hunger pangs were well and truely dealt with.

Got back to the hotel to chill for a bit before sleep. This is where things went slightly south in my story (Jay and Jacqui seemed to sleep quite well), I on the other hand did not, I last checked the clock at 4.30am. Needless to say I did not make it up in time for breakfast. So it goes eh. Thank the good Lord I managed to make it through Day 2 or is it Day 3, well whatever I managed to get through Monday, but that story is for another time (hopefully Monday's story will be told in the not too distant future!).

Laters, Mr Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment